Have you jumped at the opportunity to join the masses by involving your business in the social media networking phenomenon of the past half-decade? Have you considered the evolving and powerful uses for social media networking in your own professional setting?
Social media networking is here and part of the fabric of communication at work and at play. It has become a proven way to reach, engage and cultivate relationships with friends, customers, trade partners and audiences. In the building industry we have some pioneers who have adopted early. And as a result, they are aware of opportunities that will never be seen by those who are not using social media. Social media casts a broad net. As such, it can help and hurt your companies reputation as well your bottom line.
Are you thinking…Who can I reach with social media and what do I want them to know?
- Do you know how many people use social media?
- Facebook over 500 million
- LinkedIn over 100 million
- Twitter over 100 million
- Loman.biz newly launched but 100% construction professionals
Let’s face it social media networks have grown exponentially and some of your customers are amongst the users! Just think about it, compared with a fax, a letter or even an e-mail; social media networks offer human contact. After you get the hang of using one of the social networks, they’re as natural as meeting a few friends for lunch.
Unlike most websites developed over the past 15 years, you can’t just hire a tech guru to create great a profile and abandon it. Establishing a presence on Facebook, Twitter, Loman.biz, or LinkedIn, is more then an on-line brochure. You will need to dedicate some time and effort to communicating with your friends, contacts, and followers… The old saying, “you need to pay to play” has been replaced with the mantra, “you need to play to play”.
Get started and begin with the end in mind, as Steven Covey says. Consider these questions;
- What do you want to achieve; increased name recognition, lead generation, more customers?
- Who do you want to reach and how do you want to do it?
- What social media channel and tactic will work best for your audience; Twitter messages? Facebook business page? Posting my profile on LinkedIn or Loman.biz?
- How can you use employees to help attain your goals?