Coopersburg, PA – Saving energy is now easier than ever and can be done with style. Lighting control manufacturer cements, including working with all bulb types and ambient light detection, making it simpler than ever to make sensors a part of your home’s energy-saving strategy.
From the company that commercialized the use of dimmers in the home some 50 years ago comes another milestone– the introduction of proprietary sensing technology to ensure lights
stay on when a room is occupied, as well as ambient light detection that senses light in the room and only turns lights on when needed.
When used in the home, sensors can save up to 20%* lighting energy. Sensors are commonly used in kitchens, laundry rooms, kids’ rooms and garages.
The product offers numerous breakthroughs in this market, including:
For use with all bulb types and all load types
- works with incandescents, halogens, CFLs, LEDs, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage and linear fluorescents
- working with all these bulb types simplifies the selection and installation processes, as they’re installed the same way as a light switch or dimmer – no additional wiring required
Advanced XCTä Sensing Technology
- Lutron’s proprietary sensing technology offers reliable on/off performance up to 30 feet from the sensor
- eliminates background interference that could trigger the sensor to turn on when not needed
- detects fine motion to avoid having the lights inadvertently turn off
Ambient light detection
- detects natural light, so lights turn on only when needed, saving energy
- will learn your preferred light level for a specific room and turn on only if needed to get to this preferred level.
Sleek design complements a home’s décor
- overcomes common homeowner objection of unattractive design
- offers a clean look and feel and coordinates with other Lutron Maestro family products
Sensors can function in two modes:
- sensor automatically turns lights on when entering a room
- sensor automatically turns lights off when room is vacant
- great for laundry rooms, garages, kitchens
- manually turn lights on when entering a room and sensor automatically turns lights off when room is vacant
- great for bedrooms, kids’ rooms, rooms with pets
Two models of the Maestro occupancy/vacancy sensor switch are now available – one version for small rooms and one for large rooms. Sensors are priced at $29 and $41, respectively, and are available now at home improvement centers, lighting showrooms, electrical distributors and online.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com)
Lutron Electronics, headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, designs and manufactures energy-saving lighting controls, automated window treatments and appliance modules for both residential and commercial applications. Its innovative, intuitive products can be used to control everything from a single light, to every light, shade and even stand-by power in a home or commercial building. Lutron products make any space more versatile, while enhancing ambiance, comfort and productivity. They also save energy and make light bulbs last longer, making them an eco-friendly addition to the home and workplace. Founded in 1961, Lutron estimates that the installed base of its products saves the nation nearly 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. Lutron manufactures more than 16,000 energy-saving products, sold in more than 100 countries around the world.
# # #
Corporate Contact Agency Contact
Melissa Andresko Meredith Kish
Senior Residential Public Relations Manager Senior Media Relations Manager
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. Carmichael Lynch Spong
* Impact Analysis: 2005 Update to the California Energy Efficiency Standards for Residential and Nonresidential Buildings; California Energy Commission.